[Update 2:00 PM PDT SEP 6] Q: Can I change my Racer Name?
A: We currently do not have any plans to allow for Racer Names to be changed. However, if you are unhappy with the Racer Name you used during the Global Racing Test, please note that the ALL game data and account progress is being wiped with its completion. When KartRider: Drift does launch, all Racers on platforms that use Racer Tags will need to create a new one, with all previously taken names made available.
[Update 2:30 PM PDT SEP 4] Q: Why does the “Assist” icon (A) keep appearing?
A: The “Assist” icon (A) that appears next to the racer's name appears when at least one of the following settings is turned on.
- Driving Convenience - Driving Settings [Autonomous Driving]
- Driving Convenience - Fall Prevention Wall Installation [Use]
- Driving Convenience - Corner Isolation Prevention Wall Installation [Use]
If the “Assist” icon (A) continues to appear, please check if all of the above settings have been disabled in the [Preferences] - [Game Play] - [Driving Convenience] menu.
Q: How can I turn off AI matching?
A: You can select whether to be matched against AI opponents through [Game Selection] - [Detailed Options] - [AI Battle] ON/OFF. Please note that this may increase wait times for races.
Q: How can I resolve the issue where my game keeps loading indefinitely?
A: If you are unable to proceed past the game's loading screen, please check the following:
- If you're using a Wi-Fi connection, try connecting directly to the router with a wired connection to see if you're able to load into the game.
- Make sure that your system specifications meet our minimum/recommended requirements.
If the above two items do not apply, please submit a Support ticket and provide the system specifications of the device you are using.
For PC, please provide us with a copy of your DxDiag report. For Mobile, please provide the model name and OS information of the device. For Console, please provide the device name.
[Update 11:00 AM PDT AUG 31]: Q: My download seems to be stuck at 95% and isn't making any progress, what do I do?
A: Your download is likely undergoing an extended optimization period that is not being fully reflected in the progress meter. While this specific example is uncommon, download and install progress meters are estimates based on average conditions, and do not always reflect the actual time remaining. Your download is not stuck, and should be allowed to complete normally.
Q: Why are we doing a Global Racing Test?
A: We've had a few Closed Betas already, but as we get KartRider: Drift ready to go live later this year, there's a few things that we want to give a thorough look to make sure everything's ready. This is the first time that KartRider: Drift will be playable on Mobile, and while we're confident in the gameplay in iOS and Android, we want to get your impressions on it while we can.
We're also looking to give our servers a bit of a stress test. While there's ways to simulate large crowds playing an online game, a lot of players having fun as they pound on the servers remains one of the best ways, so please tell your friends and help us put some real stress on KartRider: Drift's systems all around the world!
Q: When is KartRider: Drift going to be released?
A: We're not quite ready to announce a final release date quite yet. We want to make sure that KartRider: Drift is ready to go and that it's fun to play, and meets the goals we have been working on for the last few years. We hope to have something for after this Global Racing Test is complete, so stay tuned for more!
Q: Who can join and play the Global Racing Test?
A: Anyone that has, or can create, a Nexon account and is in one of the countries noted in the Service Regions article will be able to download and play KartRider: Drift during the Global Racing Test on Nexon Launcher, Steam, Xbox, PlayStation 4, and Android, no need for keys or invitations! Racers that want to play on iOS during the Global Racing Test, please go to the iOS Test Flight page for more details on how you can sign-up to join in.
Q: Will I be locked to a platform?
A: No! As long as you link your Nexon Account to the account you use on your platform, your progress and claimed items will freely transfer from account to account, allowing you to play on whatever system you feel like!
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: We recommend that PC players have at least the below specs. Computers that do not meet the recommended specs may cause latency issues for the match as a whole, and we will be working to improve upon this situation as KartRider: Drift approaches its official release.
|Processor||Intel 1st Gen i3 or higher||Intel 4th Gen i7 or higher|
|AMD FX-6000 Series or higher||AMD 1st Ryzen 5 or higher|
|Memory (RAM)||8 GB||8 GB|
|Graphics Card||GeForce GTX 760||GeForce GTX 780TI|
|AMD Radeon HD 7950||AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT|
|Storage||30 GB of free space||30 GB of free space|
|Operating System||Windows 10 or higher (64-bit)||Windows 10 or higher (64-bit)|
Additionally, we suggest that mobile players use the below devices or better:
|iOS||iPhone 8 or higher||iPhone 13 or higher|
|Android||Samsung Galaxy S7 or higher equivalent||Samsung Galaxy S22 or higher equivalent|
Q: What new tracks, karts, and characters will the Global Racing Test contain?
A: The following has been added to KartRider: Drift for the Global Racing Test:
- Characters: Airi, Ethen, Keffy, Kris, Mos, and Uni (13 characters total now available to play)
- Appearances: Fifteen new alternate appearances have been added, bringing the total up to 21 for the Global Racing Test
- Karts: Fire Engine, Luna, New York Muscle, New York Taxi, NYC Tour Bus, Titan, and Western Wagon (21 karts total now available to play)
- Tracks: Desert: Abandoned Oasis (1 Star), Glacier: Shark's Wake (1 Star), World Tour: London Night (2 Stars), World Tour: Rio de Ja-nitro (3 Stars), World Tour: SF Seaplane Base (3 Stars), Forest: Zigzag Timberland (4 Stars), World Tour: New York Rally (4 Stars), World Tour: Terracotta Twister (4 Stars), Glacier: Snowbound Slopes (5 Stars), and Mine: Winding Slopes (5 Stars). A total of 36 tracks will be available for Speed Mode, and 21 for Item Mode.
- And more!
Q: Can I capture video and/or stream gameplay from the Global Racing Test?
A: Absolutely! Record it, stream it, get screen grabs and show off your times to your friends, whatever you want! Feel free to hop on the official KartRider: Drift Discord's #fanart-and-screenshots and #livestreams-and-videos channels to show them off with your fellow Racers!
Q: Where can I provide feedback on the Global Racing Test?
A: You’ll be able to provide feedback in the official KartRider: Drift Discord, as well as on the official KartRider: Drift forums once the Global Racing Test begins. We’ll also send out an email survey afterwards for additional thoughts.
Q: When I connect to KartRider: Drift on Xbox/PlayStation, a page asks whether I want to link it to a Nexon account. What does "link to Nexon account" mean?
A: KartRider: Drift supports a feature where you can connect to various platforms with just one Nexon account. If you link your Xbox or PlayStation account and Nexon account, your gameplay record is shared with other platforms linked to your Nexon account. As an additional feature, you can make friends and play with people on other platforms.
Q: I entered the Racer name in the search window to add a friend, but the result is that the name doesn't exist. Is this a bug?
A: In order to add a friend through the search window, both the player sending the friend request and the player receiving the friend request need to link to a Nexon account. Also, you need to search by the Racer name (the nickname when connecting from a PC) of the player to whom you're sending a friend request. Xbox Live's GamerTag and PlayStation's Friends search are not supported. If you want to add friends between Xbox or PlayStation players, please use your console's friend system.
Console Account Linking
KartRider: Drift supports multi-platform gameplay, on Xbox, PlayStation 4, iOS, Android, Steam and Nexon Launcher, through the use of your Nexon account. Once you have linked your Xbox and/or PlayStation account with your Nexon account, your gameplay records, items, and stats will be archived on all other platforms. In addition, players that have linked their Xbox, PlayStation and Nexon accounts will be able to friend each other and race together regardless of their preferred platform!
If you do not wish to link your Nexon account to your Xbox and/or PlayStation account, you can still enjoy the game but should note the following:
- By playing on an Xbox or PlayStation account that has not been linked to a Nexon account, you will not be able to see your in-game information on other platforms such as Steam and/or Nexon Launcher.
- For players with separate accounts (on Xbox and/or PlayStation without a Nexon account link, and one Nexon account), if you ever decide to link up these separate accounts, your game data on your newly-linked Console account will be reset because the data on your Nexon account will overwrite your initial gameplay data.
- If you have an Xbox or PlayStation account that has been linked to your Nexon account, you will be able to access all of your gameplay data when you play KartRider: Drift through Nexon Launcher or Steam (available when the game is officially launched).
Please note that ALL game data and account progress will be wiped once the Global Racing Test ends.